Online membership was opened up to men in California in March of 2018. Men can find information about Online Membership through the Supreme Website at:
When the prospective member browses one of these pages, he may choose to become an Online Member. By completing the form on the website and by paying $30 for dues, he becomes an official Online Member of the Knights of Columbus. He will receive an Online Member traveling card and can attend Knights of Columbus meetings. He can shop around to visit local Councils to choose one that matches his needs. He does not have voting privileges when attending a meeting as an Online Member.
Part of his application includes listing his local parish. Once a man becomes an Online Member the State Online Membership Chair will send his information to the Council that serves (or is closest to) his parish.
Financial Secretaries and Membership Directors, if a referral comes to you, please act on it right away and set the admission process in motion — then . . . FOLLOW-UP . . . FOLLOW-UP . . . FOLLOW-UP! Complete an Admissions Committee interview and, if accepted, ask him to join your Council.
If he chooses to join your Council, he must attend an Admissions Degree and a Form 100 listing him as a TRANSFER should be sent to Supreme. Your Council will receive credit towards your membership goal as if you had recruited him, the pro-rated portion of the $30 membership fee that he paid, and credit for Insurance quota if he is an Insured Knight. The Financial Secretary will make arrangements to have him pay any additional dues beyond the $30 originally paid.
This is a win for your council! You get credit for a new member (you may also get credit for Insurance if he has taken a policy) and he recruited himself!
BECOME A KNIGHT! JOIN US FOR FUN, FAITH AND FRIENDSHIP
Imagine being part of an organization that fills your heart and your mind with the joy of giving to others and the feeling that comes with making a difference. You will make lifelong friends. Why Join the Knights of Columbus? I don’t have time to join another organization; why should I join the Knights of Columbus? As a Knight you can choose the projects with which you wish to be involved in within your own community. What is more, the Order is dedicated to family life and the many benefits it offers. From insurance to scholarships to service and social activities and programs, all are open to the whole family. YOU determine how much time you can devote – a few hours a year or a few hours a month.
FAITH: Grow in your faith. Support your parish. Help with your parish fiesta. Knights become better Catholics.
FAMILY: We have many family activities each year such as picnics, council breakfasts, coats for kids and others. Give back to your community. Show your children how to make a difference.
FRIENDSHIP: You will meet like-minded men and make life-long friendships.
FUN: Have fun with your family and brother knights. See the smiles on the faces of those we help. Special Olympics, Food for Families, Habitat for Humanity and other activities.
Please contact us for more information. CLICK HERE
- COLUMBIA MAGAZINE – Free subscription to the Order’s monthly magazine examining issues of concern to Knights, Catholics and families.
- KNIGHTS of COLUMBUS ROSARY – Blessed by the supreme chaplain, presented during the First Degree exemplification to each new member.
- DAILY MASS OF REMEMBRANCE AT ST. MARY’S CHURCH – Mass for deceased members and their wives, and deceased members of the Squires program, at birthplace of the Order.
- INSURANCE – Portfolio of top-quality life insurance, long-term care, and annuity products exclusively for members and their families.
- FAMILY FRATERNAL BENEFIT – For eligible families: a) Pays $1,500 for the child who dies before the age of 61 days; b) Pays $750 for the child who is stillborn at least 20 weeks after conception; c) Offers guaranteed-issue insurance up to $5,000 to any child under age 18.
- ORPHAN BENEFIT – $80 monthly allotment for orphans of eligible families; up to $7,000 in college scholarships available.
- MEMBER/SPOUSE FRATERNAL BENEFIT – Accidental death coverage for member and spouse at no cost.
- WIDOW BENEFITS – a) Continues to be covered under the Member/Spouse Fraternal Benefit; b) May purchase life insurance, long-term care insurance, or annuities up to one year after insured member’s death; c) Receives a free lifetime subscription to Columbia; d) Eligible with her children for scholarships, student loans, etc.
- SCHOLARSHIPS – Scholarship programs for higher education available to members, their spouses and children.
- LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT – Opportunity to build personal leadership skills, public speaking ability, organization skills, etc.
- FOURTH DEGREE – Eligibility to join the “Patriotic Degree.”
- HONORARY LIFE MEMBERSHIP at Age 70 with 25 years of membership.
- MEMBERSHIP CARD – Entitles participation in all Catholic, fraternal and social activities in nearly 13,000 councils throughout the world.
- ACTIVITIES – FAMILY/YOUTH/RELIGIOUS/SOCIAL/ATHLETIC – Participation in a variety of programs and activities conducted by local councils.
State Online Membership Chair