The Shining Armor Award Program is a voluntary program to involve brand-new members of the local council. It is designed to have that member become active in the Order, in the council, and in membership recruitment.
The District Deputy should present the Shining Armor Award tracking card to all new members at the conclusion of the Admission Degree. In absence of the District Deputy, the host Grand Knight or the Supreme Council Insurance Representative should ensure that the new member receives this card.
For this Columbian Year, there are 2 types of Shining Amor that will be awarded:
1. Shining Armor Member Award
2. Shining Armorer Award
The following are the requirements for the Shining Armor Member Award:
1. Recruit one member (1st year) or two members 2nd year and beyond
2. Participate in three or more Council activities
3. Complete the Admission, the Formation, and the Knighthood Degrees
4. Meet with Fraternal Benefits Coordinator (Field Agent)
5. Attend three or more Council meetings (For Supreme Shining Armor Award)
The following are the requirements for the Shining Armorer Award:
• Awarded to a District Deputy (DD) who has submitted one or more Shining Armor Award(s) from each of his Councils, during the Columbian year
• To earn this award, the DD must track the recruiters within his District, and…
• The DD encourages recruiters to bring in one more member so they can earn the California Shining Armor Award
These awards will be presented at a Chapter Meeting and/or at a Knighthood Degree Exemplification. Note the following goals related to the Shining Armor Award:
1. “One Shining Armor Member Award, Per Council, Per Year”
2. “One Shining Armorer Award**, Per Chapter, Per Year”
For the Supreme Shining Armor Award, these activities need to be accomplished within one year from the date of the First Degree taken by the new member. A certificate, signed by the State Deputy and Membership Director, and a specially designed lapel pin will then be presented to the Shining Armor Award and Shining Armorer Award qualifiers, preferably at the conclusion of an Admission Degree in front of brand new members of our Order.
Looking over the required activities, you can see where the council benefits when new members become involved. A Brother is more likely to stay a member after completing the Knighthood Degree. Families will benefit if a Knight becomes an insured member. Finally, our new Brothers have the opportunity to offer the gift of membership when they recruit another man into the Order.
Appropriate recognition will be made at the State Convention in May for the Council that has the most Shining Armor Award qualifiers in their Council between July 1, 2018 and April 30, 2019.
Completed Shining Armor Award tracking cards should be forwarded to your District Deputy who will forward the Shining Armor Award Program Qualification Submittal Form to the State Shining Armor Award Program Chairman for processing of the award.
For additional information about the Shining Armor Award Program, talk to your District Deputy. Shining Armor Award tracking cards can be obtained by calling the State Office at (909) 434-0460, or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your District Deputy may submit the following form to request a California Shining Armor Award after verifying that all requirements have been completed.
State Shining Armor Awards Chairman