FAMILY ROSARY PROGRAM
Anthony J. Despart 2018-2019 Chairman
The Family Rosary Program, encourages councils to schedule rosary prayer services on any day of the week, at any time of the year, with the pastor’s permission. When planning a Rosary prayer service councils should personally invite each family of the parish, and offer each attending family a copy of Catholic Information Service’s A Scriptural Rosary for the Family (#319). Encourage families to read it and learn how their faith can be strengthened through a devotion to Our Lady, while praying at home regularly as a family.
Resources are available as part of the Family Rosary Program, including a Family Rosary Kit (#SR-Kit), which includes 25 finger rosaries, brochures on praying the rosary and copies of the Scriptural Rosary for the Family (#319), along with a promotional poster to help draw more parishioners to the event. Participants may also use their own rosaries, and Knights are encouraged to use the rosaries that they received during their First Degree. Councils interested in ordering additional rosaries or rosary rings, and booklets- are encouraged to visit knightsgear.com
To organize a successful Family Rosary program in your parish, the council should:
- Order the Knights of Columbus Family Rosary program Kit (#SR-Kit) using the order form. You can also use the order form in the forms section of the website, or call the Department of Fraternal Mission at 203-752-4270.
- Contact your local pastor to obtain permission to conduct a Rosary service following Mass.
- Provide a sign-up sheet in the parish bulletin board for parishioners to sign up to participate in the rosary service. This will allow you to determine the interest level.
- Build public interest. Use the sample press release that is on the website as a sample, to present it to the newspapers and the radio stations in your community. When sending the press release use your council letterhead. Deliver or send it, along with clip art logos, to the editors of both.
- Report your activities to the Supreme Council with the Family Rosary Report form (#10243), and the Columbian Award Application (SP-7).