PILGRIM VESSEL VOCATION
What is It?
- A Vocation Awareness Program centered in the parish community that supports the Domestic Church.
- It enhances vocation awareness through family participation by calling families to explore the possibility of a religious vocation for a family member. Families are encouraged to pray at home for vocations as well as the entire parish community.
How It Works
- Each Sunday a family, couple or individual will be called forward at the Mass to receive the Pilgrim Vessel you selected to use, example, Chalice, Statue, painting of a saint or religious, Crucifix or any religious article that would be appropriate for your parish.
- A short ceremony is conducted of less than 2 minutes.
- They take the vessel home with them.
- At home they create a place of honor to place the vessel.
- Per the Program Handouts they received, the pilgrims will set up a schedule to conduct a short prayer service to pray for vocations from their family and parish. This can be done as part of the meals, in the evening after dinner or even prior to bed-time.
- Return the pilgrim vessel the following Sunday prior to the beginning of the Mass that.
How Do We Get Started?
- Contact the parish pastor and explain how the program works.
Jeffrey S. Patino, Committeeman