Through the Knights of Columbus Refund Support Vocations Program (RSVP), councils, assemblies and youth programs “adopt” one or more seminarians or postulants and provide them with financial assistance and moral support. RSVP money is used by seminarians and those in religious formation for Tuition and books, Car Insurance, Travel Expenses, Emergency expenditures and other living expenses. Supreme will reimburse you $100.00 per $500.00 contributed. See state website for more details2.
ADOPT A SEMINARIAN
The purpose of this initiative is to encourage classes in Catholic Schools or Religious Education to adopt a seminarian and support him through prayer and communication throughout the school year. A spiritual adoption is a pledge to pray for seminarians on their journey to fulfilling the Call of Christ to the priesthood. The path each young man has committed to embark on isn’t an easy one. It is one of self-sacrifice and humble devotion to God and others. The young men in our seminaries have taken up the challenge of duty and devotion to the Lord and his flock.
- Through your pastor or diocesan vocation office select a seminarian your class wants to
- Involve your class in the selection process.
- As the teacher make initial contact with the seminarian and let him know that your class is adopting him for the school
- On a regularly scheduled basis have your class write letters, notes, pictures, birthday cards, Christmas cards, Easter cards Be creative. The point is for your students to communicate with him on a regular basis. This can be accomplished if you do it as a class activity.
- If the seminarian is available invite him to the class at some point during the year and have him share his journey of You can make this into a pizza party etc. Again, be creative.
For more information refer to the Spiritual Reflection Program Chairman
2 RSVP – Refund and Plaque Application #2863 Due 6/30